Tuesday, February 27, 2007

A sad day in hockey...

I can't believe the Oilers traded Ryan Smyth. Tomas is shocked. I am speechless. We're in mourning. AND on the day when the Oilers are retiring Mark Messier's #11.

Did I mention that I sat next to Ryan Smyth on the plane? Yes, 3 years ago Tomas, Toria & I flew from Regina to Edmonton. Ryan and his wife, Stacey, and daughter Isabella (age 6 months) were next to us. They laughed at me as I was letting Toria (age 12 months) cover me (and the airplane) with stickers in an effort to keep her happy on the plane. I told them in 6 months that Isabella would be doing the same thing. We laughed and smiled at our kids.

AND NOW HE'S GOING TO NEW YORK!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At February 28, 2007 at 6:47 AM, Blogger foodie suz said...

We were at the game last night. It totally sucked. They LOST (again) and Kevin Lowe was too afraid to show his face at the jersey ceremony. Craig Mac had to step in and read his speech.

There were chants of 'smytty, smytty' throughout the game. It was the most depressing game ever.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home