Saturday, February 03, 2007

The Past Week.

Hi, I created a big long post last night and then during Bloggers 'free' upgrade it lost my post and now I forget what wit and wisdom I was sharing yesterday. In the meantime - check out the flowers I got. Todd's work sent them to me because they know I'm bitter that he is away for 10 days. They thanked me for letting them 'borrow' Todd!
----------------
In other news, Tomas went with his Beavers group to the Victoria Salmon Kings hockey game last night. He got home around 10pm and was so excited (the Salmon Kings won 5 - 3 against the Idaho Steelheads) that I could tell he wouldn't sleep and we hung out in the kitchen until 10:30. Tomas said he was so excited that he was going to stay up until midnight. I told him this was OK as long as he laid on his bed with his eyes closed.


He fell asleep around 11.

---------------
While he was out Toria and I had another mom and her daughter over for a Girls Night In. We ordered pizza then the moms painted the girls fingernails and toenails (bright red, of course!). Toria and her friend, Devon, tried to watch the Little Mermaid movie but that only lasted for about 2 minutes before they decided they'd have more fun dressing up... [We are so happy that Toria found another girl to play with - that's been the weak-link to the move. No little girl friends yet. Unfortunately, Devon lives quite far away and we don't get a chance to see them very often but when we do get together - what fun!! (by the way, Toria is 6 months older then Devon- so much for Toria growing)].

-----------------------------
Last week I drove to Swan Lake (5 minute drive) for Tomas' class field trip. Check out this picture. That is Toria - front and center - learning about raccoons. Tomas is the one with the blue/red/gray toque on because we acclimatize quickly and even when it is +4 we're a little chilly.

--------------------------------

Edmonton Friends: Check out Tomas' Oilers Jacket. I bought it at an end-of-season consignment store sale last year and Tomas LOVES that jacket. He wears it nearly every day. He is still a huge Oilers fan. (Although some punk 6-year-old kid told him that the Oilers were losers because they lost to the Canucks on Thursday night but that's a whole other story).

--------------------------

And because I am a super mom, I went on the Beaver Geocaching hike today UP Mt. Doug with BOTH of my children. Did I mention it was RAINing. Tomas is the one on the far right with the yellow slicker (eating his treasure chest candy) and Toria is in the front on the left-hand side with the pink boot. And I'm the one in the middle trying not to fall into the crevasse (with the red hat).


-----------------

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home