Monday, January 15, 2007

Grumpy... now cheery

Written January 15, 6pm
I'm grumpy. I think it is fair to be grumpy. I had a root canal this morning. AND it is not just like having a cavity. It sucked - I had my mouth open for 3 hours! (And it wasn't even 3 hours of talking!) Ugh. Oh well. It is done now. I had to be up at 6 and leave the house by 7 and am totally tired tonight. This probably adds to my grumpiness factor.

When I got home the mail lady brought me my mail which included a delicious package of chocolate-covered-Macadamia nuts from Hawaii. I love Macadamia nuts. Except my jaw is so sore from holding my mouth wide-open that I couldn't open it to eat a chocolate covered Macadamia nut. I had chicken-noodle soup. It doesn't compare. Even right now those chocolate nuts are staring at me across the kitchen beckoning me.

And, have you heard that Victoria is expecting MORE SNOW. Enough is enough. It's taken a week but we have*almost* got rid of the snow we have from last Tuesday. I DON'T WANT ANYMORE SNOW.

It is 6pm. My children go to bed at 8 but I am ready for bed now. Do you think if I put them to bed now they would sleep?

Written January 16, 2:30pm
OK, I'm now cheery. The kids watched a movie last night (yeah, yeah, I've got a big guilt trip on the TV-watching factor but last night I didn't care). Then they happily went to bed at 8pm. All was quiet until Toria leapt out of bed at 6:00 this morning, then 6:30 and finally 7:00. 7:00 is our 'get up time' for the kids. She came into my room yelling the clock has a 7 in the first place then dot dot zero zero. Time to get up. She was so cute you couldn't help but smile. [If she went to bed at 8pm and woke up cheery at 6am can you imagine what would've happened if I'd put them to bed at 6pm. EGADS. She would've been up at 4:00am!]

The temperature is +6 on my outdoor thermometer the snow is almost all melted and the BULBS are starting to sprout up! Yes ma'am, I can see the start of flowers in my back-yard. Hallelujah!

And I ate chocolate covered-macademia nuts for breakfast. And they were delicious.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home