Monday, December 18, 2006

no school concert.

Have you ever heard of a school Christmas concert with no concert? Yep, that's what we have. I really like Tomas' school BUT for some asinine reason (oh yeah, it's too much work) they don't have a Christmas concert they have "Christmas carolling".

What is Christmas carolling?

It is when the choir (15 kids) get up sing 2 songs then start running WILD. Meanwhile one of the teachers tries to lead the 40 parents (likely the parents of the WILD children and me & my kids) in a non-rousing carolling evening.

It was horrible - now I know why only the parents of the 15 kids in the choir bother going. I wish they had a proper Christmas concert - it is so cute at this age and besides what child doesn't remember their Christmas concerts.

C'mon I know you do! And I know that your parents and grandparents loved watching you as a little gaffer.

We also had some great news - some friends from Regina who have been in Edmonton while their son had surgery at the Stollery Children's hospital since mid-October were released today and will be home tomorrow - in time for Christmas! Yahoo!

2 Comments:

At December 21, 2006 at 5:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would just like you to know, that I LOVE reading your blog and think your very insightful and witty!

 
At January 1, 2007 at 7:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Carmen, I love reading your blogs and keep up with you through them. Which is good because I cannot seem to get hold of you via e-mail. I (with two kids) actually managed to do Christmas cards this year thanks to our slow life in the U.S. (or something) but don't have your mailing address. Now that it is after Christmas I am still determined to send the card because one must do that when one actually does cards for a change. Keep blogging. I love it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home