Thursday, November 30, 2006

Somebody better tell...

Somebody better tell my Mother-In-Law we'll be sewing new curtains when she comes to visit.

Let me explain:

When we moved into this house there was no window coverings. Anywhere. It's not that the previous owners took them with them - there just wasn't any. We (err, my MIL) made curtains for the kids' rooms but we did not know what we wanted in our bedroom so we left it. Yes, it is quite private but you do get the ocassional dog walker in the park behind us so it's nice to have bedroom curtains. During the interim, I have hung some old curtains for privacy.

Alas, I decided that I'd better get around to ordering proper curtains. HA HA HA. I was just emailed the estimate:
--------------------
Two options:
1. Drapery with Black out lining installed on Walnut Bronze wrought iron system
$2,151.18

2. Vertiglide – Room darkening
$2,911.77
Side Panels – Installed on Walnut Bronze wrought iron system
$1,359.05
TOTAL: $4270.82

--------------------
Yep, that's right. FOUR THOUSAND TWO HUNDRED SEVENTY DOLLARS AND EIGHT TWO CENTS for curtains! (Do you think that includes tax?)

I guess I could always cheap out and just get their plain drapery option - that's only a couple thousand. HA HA HAHA

For curtains. Not a car. Not even an exotic vacation. Curtains.

OK, I've got to stop laughing. I'd better get going - off to Fabricland for my $100 of fabric then only 15 sleeps until the MIL arrives.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home