Friday, January 05, 2007

Customer Service

Let's talk about customer service and the LACK OF IT.

First off, Davey Tree Service.
December 8 - I called to get a quote on having some branches pruned after the great snowstorm.
Dec. 11 - I received a quote. It was a reasonable amount & could be done by DECEMBER 15
Dec. 14 - major windstorm with major damage in the area and I'm pushed way down the queue.
Jan. 2 - receive call that I'm the 2nd job for Jan. 3rd.
Jan. 3 - wait at home ALL DAY. Try phoning - "Yes, you're next", they reply.
Jan. 3 - 5pm - I phone again "It's dark out. I imagine you're not coming". "Correct. We ran into some problems, the truck chipper broke", is the response. I indicate that I should have been phoned earlier at the time they knew this was a problem.
Jan. 3 - 5:30pm - receive call that we're the 2nd job on Jan. 5. and they should arrive between 11 & 1.
Jan. 5 - 1:30pm - No one is here - I call. The first job is taking longer then expected & they are 1 to 1 1/2 hours away but are working in my area.
Jan. 5 - 4:00pm - The arborist phones and says he is sorry but his crew is STUCK IN THE MUD and we are now scheduled for first thing Monday morning.

Do I rant? Do I rave? No, I calmly explain that I've been waiting at home for 2 days. My children have been in the house for 2 of their Christmas vacation days so we could watch them climb our 80 foot tree. Why wasn't I scheduled for first thing Thursday morning when I was bumped Wednesday night? I'm not impressed. I'm frustrated.

The arborist says "I'm sorry. I didn't know you were waiting. They didn't tell me." (I'd been talking with the main office who even told me "It's an awesome sight to see".)

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, I wished I'd ranted and raved and the arborist had made even more-lame excuses so I could've yelled. Instead, he just apologized.

And even bigger complaints of customer service goes to End of the Roll. I ordered an area rug. Waited 4 to 6 weeks for delivery. Phoned to find out the status. Was shuffled around. Finally spoke to the manager. He said that the carpet had been discontinued and I should come look for a new one. When I asked for my SIZEABLE deposit back. He told me that it was returned when they told me the carpet was discontinued. GUESS AGAIN. No one told me the carpet was discontinued AND there was no refund on my credit card. The most appalling part of this was that in a 10 minute conversation with the manager NOT ONCE did he say 'sorry'. It was this guys fault or that guys fault or my fault or blah blah blah. Step up to the plate, accept responsibility and at the very least apologize. (I finally got my deposit back).

OK, thanks for reading me rant and rave. C.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home