Sunday, January 14, 2007

Loot Bags

Tomas and Toria both attended birthday parties yesterday. Tomas' was at the bowling alley for Glow Bowling followed by pizza and cupcakes. Toria & I were asked to go to the movie "Happily N'ever After" for her friends' party. [First off - it is a horrible movie, there is a reason it has a 3% rating on Rottentomatoes.com. Secondly, did I mention that I had to pay for both Toria and I - I'm OK paying for me but am I also supposed to pay for my daughter - what is the protocol on these things? AND we gave a gift].

OK, back to my story. Toria & I leave the movie theatre and head to the bowling alley. We pick Tomas up. We get into the car and Tomas checks out his loot bag. Turns out he received 2 ring pops (and a free pass to the recreation center).

"Toria", he says, "let's share. I'll give you something from my loot bag and you give me something from yours."

"Sure." she replies, as she takes his ring pop, places it in her loot bag and passes him a bracelet.

Tomas looks at the bracelet and goes "Huh?. No Toria, I want candy".

"Sorry Tomas but I only have a bracelet, a notepad and a necklace. You can have the bracelet".

.... you can only imagine what happened when she refused to return the Ring Pop and he was left holding a purple bracelet!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home