Tuesday, March 11, 2008

My daughter, the brain surgeon

Toria received her report card today. Here is what her teacher said:

Toria is making very good progress in the K program. During our one-on-one meeting she identifed the names of all her classmates, teachers, and suppport staff. She printed her own sentence, which is not actually true, but she really wanted to write it.

"Mi MOM ES LAT FOWR SOWL EVRE DA"

10 bucks to the first person who can figure that out.

Just kidding. I'll tell you... at the end of my blog. Here's what else her teacher said

Toria accurately computes the sums of doubles (4 + 4, 5 + 5, 6 + 6, etc), and has an excellent understanding of the Power of Ten. She is able to 'add on' and to subtract to find a given total. This is excellent.

During "Center" (free play) time she enjoys playing in the classroom store. She has taken the role of a shopper, shelf stocker and grocery bagger. Her favourite role is being the cashier!

It is a great pleasure sharing my day with Toria. I am very proud of you.

WAY TO GO TORIA. We are also very proud of you.
Even if:

My Mom is late for school every day.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At March 12, 2008 at 6:07 AM, Blogger Shannon said...

Ha! I was able to interpret the sentence. That is so funny.

Don't you love how kids inadvertantly throw you under the bus?

That's a really detailed assessment of Toria. We don't get that here. I wish we would. It's very brief. I'm very impressed with Toria!!

I read your comment on Jamie's blog. My email address is on my blog profile. Send me your address and I'll make sure you're next to get a little red box.

 
At March 12, 2008 at 7:30 PM, Blogger Jamie said...

She's doing awesome! Loved the sentence LOL - I'm not smarter than a kindergartener ... I had to re-read that sentence a couple of times (at the beginning) before I figured it out. (I'm tired, ok??) LOL.

Brooke got her report card the other day too - I read all the comments to her and she got a swelled head. I maybe should have kept them to myself!

Anyhow, hope Shannon can get a box to you at some point - they're awesome. She's our new box pimp. I love my new box! (that doesn't sound so good, does it?)

Have a good one!

 
At March 13, 2008 at 8:07 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Toria's teacher missed one point about her. She is a problem solver extraordinaire. Who else would tell Tomas he could drive the car by working the foot pedals and she would read the signs!

Toria - Congratulations on a great report card. Now ask your Mom for some money like she did when she brought her report card home.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home