Wednesday, February 20, 2008

More vacation photos

Hi, It's been 24 hours and not a single comment on last night's blog post!!! ... of course, I haven't blogged in nearly a MONTH so I guess I'd understand if people don't check my l'il old blog very often.

I originally started this blog to keep our friends and family updated on our Island life but I occasionally throw in some of the life with diabetes chit chat because I find that communicating with others who understand the ups and downs/craziness of diabetes helps keep me (marginally) sane.

Tonight I share with you 5 more vacation photos ....

Here is a building we discovered during our shopping excursion to the *hallelujah* outlet mall!



A mother-daughter bonding moment over Margaritas at the Mexican Pavillion in EPCOT.


Tomas, hanging 10 at Cocoa Beach Pier.


Two Princesses!



Tomas and Lightning McQueen!


There you have it.

FOOTNOTE: If anyone who reads this blog for my diabetes comments has managed to make it past my awesome family photos and wants to know about carbohydrate info'n at Disney. HA HA HA HA HA. Good Luck. The folks at http://www.allearsnet.com/pl/diabetes.htm are die-hard Disney fans with diabetes and true to what they say, Disney is clueless on the nutritional information of their food. Light years ahead on people management and happy happy happiness but caveman on providing helpful food information.

Labels:

6 Comments:

At February 21, 2008 at 6:15 AM, Blogger foodie suz said...

As you know, I surprised myself by LOVING the whole Disney thing last month with the kids. LOVING IT.

BUT. I can say from a strictly eating point of view, the food at Disneyland was horrible. Terrible. Yuck. In my humble opinion. It doesn't surprise me the staff didn't know about nutritional content. I think it was made of styrofoam.

 
At February 21, 2008 at 9:08 AM, Blogger Shannon said...

Most of the diabetes bloggers have their site registered with diabetesdaily.com. If you register, and then go to their link, below, your posts will show up and we'll know that you have a new post!

www.diabetesdaily.com/forum/sendmessage.php

I love the picture of Tomas on the surfboard.

 
At February 21, 2008 at 12:06 PM, Blogger C.L.W. said...

Thanks for the link Shannon - I didn't know about it. But, since I mainly blog for our far-flung friends and family - and diabetes is an add on - I don't think I'll join the diabetesdaily.com site at this time.

I took a couple pictures of Tomas on the surfboard then he got off, looked at the pics (gotta love digital). Said they sucked (true story). Then he marched back up to the board and gave us this pose! What a dude!

 
At February 21, 2008 at 6:41 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hey, we bond over other stuff besides our Margaritas. What a great time we had! Specially that "Tower of Terror" ride.

 
At February 22, 2008 at 8:38 AM, Blogger Jamie said...

Heh - so the food at Disney is crap, huh? Who knew???

I'm loving the pictures though. If I went to Disney, I'd probably blog about it for week with photo's myself! :)

 
At February 22, 2008 at 6:38 PM, Blogger foodie suz said...

Yeah, but at Disney, you are having SO MUCH FUN that it doesn't matter that you eat candy floss for breakfast and fries for lunch and dinner!

They really do the 'fun' part well...

I love that tower of terror picture - your mom was MUCH braver than I was...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home