Vacation - Week 1
Good heavens it HAS been a long time since I posted. Time flies when you're having fun -> we had a GREAT visit with our friends L & J. We were sightseeing/house decorating machines.
Now we're on vacation and have limited connectivity but I know all 3 of you who read this want to know what is going on!!
Here's a boring blog but one we (the family) decided to share with you:
Camping: How do I love thee let me count the ways. [For those of you who don’t know – 3 years ago (with 2 and 4 year old) we embarked on a 6-month tour of the southern United States. We lived in our trailer and loved it but for varying reasons haven’t had an opportunity to stay in it much since then. ]
We’ve just completed the first week of our two-week camping trip this summer and I’ve asked the family why we love camping in our trailer. Here are their answers:
1. It is your OWN bed every night.
2. It is your own fridge & freezer you keep stocked with your own food.
3. We mainly eat barbecued food outside in the fresh air and we ENJOY it because we’re not having to dash off to another event or meeting or play date or….
4. It is MUCH easier to clean than a house.
5. If we don’t like where we are staying – we just hook up and move.
6. We can bring our hockey net with us.
7. The kids are old enough to ride their bikes around the campground whereas I would NEVER let them ride on the street at our house.
8. Discovering new bike routes at each campground.
9. I sleep with my head 6” away from a window with fresh air.
10. We tend to stay at campgrounds with pools so the kids swim daily … with their dad while there mom gets ‘mom time’ to…
11. …sit at my computer and look out over the Strait of Georgia. And if we’re staying somewhere and I don’t like the view see # 5.
12. We get to go to all sorts of cool places -> like Tiger Lily Farms (http://www.tigerlilyfarm.ca/) where the kids spent over an hour chasing baby chicks around a room and then picking them up and trying to get ME to touch them.
13. I just like it.
Here are some pictures from our first week of holidays.
1. Tomas trying to get me to touch the baby chick he picked up.
2. Tomas taking some practice shots.
3. Tomas showing us his golfing prowess where he scored not one, not two, but THREE hole-in-ones. The other 3 of us combined had zip hole-in-ones.
4. Toria going for a ride.