Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Cat In The Hat

Today marked the first day that my little baby girl read the entire Cat in the Hat book - all 60-odd pages - BY HERSELF.

And this reminded me that I think there are 2 kinds of people in this world.

Those that love Dr. Seuss books and those that don't.

Are you a Dr. Seuss Devotee? Or a Dr. Seuss who?

My husband informed me that he taught himself to read by reading Dr. Seuss books and Toria loves all Dr. Seuss books, too. On the other hand, as a child I did (and still do) consider them non-sensical and a waste of my reading time. As for Tomas, if it doesn't have the word Hockey inscribed at least once on every page then he isn't so interested. Both Tomas and I love to read (in fact, I just checked and the little stinker had turned his light back on and was reading at 10:23pm - a full 2 hours after his regular bedtime and 1 hour after his holiday "lights-out") ... i digress.... but come'on writers of this world give us something that makes sense. Work with me here, Dr. Seuss!

So to celebrate Toria's great feat - I show you a picture of Toria and her close friend Maya with their 'boyfriend'.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At December 31, 2008 at 8:21 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Sounds like Tomas and Toria will be carrying on the reading tradition.

Why not add writing a book for children to your list of thing to do? In grade 3 or 4 you wrote "20 Things To Do When You Are Bored". Thank goodness you only did some of them.
Mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home