Friday, September 22, 2006

A day in the life...

This was my schedule yesterday:
- call husband who was away on business and remind him he needed to be home by 6:30 tonight (he assured me he could even be home by 5:30!)
- walk Tomas to school then race home to ...
- drive Toria to school
- drive downtown for Dr. appointment (with HE doctor - seemed nice enough)
- return items to Staples
- return items to Walmart
- return items to Rona
- return items to Home Depot (yeah, yeah - they'd been collecting for awhile)
- pick up Toria and race home for...
- lunch and changing into her gymnastics clothes
- drive the most-construction-filled route downtown for her gymnastics class
- write cheques for class while she is gymnastic-izing
- race to Tomas' school with his soccer clothes... [An aside: Tomas soccer is held at his school field and starts 25 minutes after school finishes so it is not enough time to go home and change. When I told him he was going to need to change at school he said "but mom, I would prefer if the other kids didn't see me change, you know, in my briefs". He is growing up! I told him he could change in the boys room and he was fine with that.
- watch Tomas' soccer outside his school and keep Toria occupied whilst there was nothing for her to do, Make note to bring snack/toy for her next week
- finish soccer and race home to a pre-made supper before having Tomas change into his Beavers uniform
- clean-up breakfast, lunch and supper disaster before driving to Beavers. It was the first night so we had to stay for a couple of minutes before racing back to the house.
-Hooray! Todd is home.
- Send Todd back to Beavers with Toria and strict instructions to pick up Tomas AND another child then safely deliver said other child to their house.
- I headed to the school for the parent meeting which started at 7:15 and after listening to the principal blather on for 1 hour and 30 minutes finished at 9:02.
PHEW.

Today:
I took the kids to school and FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER I had hoped to come home, eat bonbons, sit on the couch & watch CSI (I taped it last night) BUT Todd is working from home and, well, I don't need him thinking that is what I do with my time so I'm typing on the computer and pretending to be busy.

Oh screw it - I'm going to find out what in sam heaven is going on with Sara and Grissom (it's a CSI thing).

1 Comments:

At September 23, 2006 at 9:29 AM, Blogger foodie suz said...

Oh babe, you got me beat! I sincerely hope you have at least one morning this weekend where you can sit in your pjs and read the paper and drink a leisurely cup of hot chocolate.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home