Monday, September 18, 2006

Grade 1 math

22 Grade 1's PLUS 2 parents EQUALS 2 very stiff drinks.

Party was a hit. It was completely chaotic but the whole class was there plus a couple of other friends. Bowling was fine. It was all I could do to supervise my 2 lanes of children and make sure that they got 3 balls each turn. I look over at Todd and his 2 lanes worth of kids and he is even keeping score!! Shesh. Showoff.

The pizza was included with the bowling party and was based on the number of kids attending the party. Apparently they were not hungry enough because I am happy to report that I have TWO deliciously yummy large Little Caesar pizza's leftover. I'm going to be eating Little Caesar's until I'm 90 and if there is one pizza that has a cardboard flavour it has to be Little Caesar's. Todd says it is better cold. Yeah, maybe with a cold beer.

I think Tomas had a good time. It was a little hard to tell what with 22 of the sweet little darlings all around. I won't mention the 2 boys who were fighting under the table and one who spilled orange pop on his head then down his pants. I have no idea how someone could possibly accomplish this nor do I really want to know. His mom didn't seem too worried.

The cake was a very cool Hot Wheels Cake and we even had vanilla ice cream. Tomas blew out all 6 candles ... no girlfriends for him.

After we got home and had a cocktail in hand we helped Tomas open his cards. He received $52 in toonies for his birthday. [It was a Toonie party - no presents instead a toonie in a birthday card.]

Sunday afternoon (what the hell were we thinking going shopping on a Sunday afternoon) we headed to the store to spend his $$$. Tomas takes after his father in that it takes him days (whilst his mother goes into a 'daze') to pick out his toys. It only took 2 hours at Toys R Us before he chose the Leapster Nascar game, Cars book, a LEGO car. To add more fun we then spent 1 hour at Wal-mart to choose 4 Hot Wheels Cars. Then it was time to head home for another drink.

The good news is that Toria has determined there is only 77 sleeps until her birthday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home