Saturday, September 16, 2006

6th Birthday

Todd has graciously taken the kids to see Robert Munsch (children's author) at the McPherson Playhouse and I am enjoying about 30 seconds of R & R (shhh! don't tell my husband who is in a theatre with 600 screaming Mortimor fans that I had free time.)

Anyhoo - we're just about ready for the party. It took me about an hour to decide what to wear to Tomas' party. This is the first time that I'll meet a lot of the parents from Tomas' class and you want to look hip but not too hip. Dressy because it's a party but not too dressy because it's a kids birthday. Friendly but not too friendly because you don't want too look totally desperate for friends. Ugh, it's a fine line, you know? I decided on a pair of Manager dark denim jeans (sorry no skinnies here - these are boot cut thru & thru) with a printed light-weight knit top, 3/4 length sleeves with a fitted knit brown sweater if it is cold. It is nice outside +18 (not like Edmonton, ugh +5) but when we visited the bowling lanes last week it was about -6 inside.

Tomas opened his Robert Munsch tix this morning and was all bummed out. He said "but mom, you said we can't go see Robert Munsch because it is at the same time as my birthday party". I replied "Actually, Tomas there is an earlier show that we can go to and when it finishes then your party will start". My smart (too smart) son responds with an "Oh, so you lied to me?"

Heres a cute story:
He also opened his Dale Earnhardt Jr. #8 race car which he knew he was getting because he helped us pick it out and order it from eBay. When we ordered it we told him that we would have to pay money for it and that it would definitely arrive for his birthday. We used our credit card to pay and went about the day.

Two days later Tomas carried around his piggy bank begging me to help count his money. When we finally counted it he said "OK, now, how do we get this money into the computer to pay for my Dale Earnhardt Jr. car?" What a great kid he is.

Toria didn't really have a problem deciding what to wear to Tomas' party. She is wearing a beautiful pink dress with her black and red Minnie Mouse shoes.

I'll try and post pix later but first we must HAVE THE PARTY!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home