Thursday, August 31, 2006

Yep, we're here...

OK, so it's been over a year since I last blogged. Oops. Oh well. I'm here now. I'd like to believe that this is the first opportunity I've had since last year but I seem to only have the time when we are RV'ing (as we are now) and for a family that lived in their trailer for 6 months after our return we didn't use it for over 9 months! That's shocking but true. I won't bore you with the past year let's just cut to the exciting stuff...

Within 7 days of starting back at paid employment Todd flew from Edmonton to St. John's Newfoundland then to Victoria, British Columbia, made a quick pit stop in Edmonton before landing in Toronto, Ontario. That pretty much summed up the past year for him. He spent most of the 05/06 winter in Victoria and decided he liked being able to golf year-round (although he claims he was actually working too hard to golf)! I LOVE Victoria so by the time he realized he wanted to load up the family and head west I already had the Edmonton house on the market (sold in 4 hours) and we were house-hunting in Victoria.

We moved into our house on August 1, 2006.
We spent the long weekend unpacking and cramming our possessions into our most amazingly beautiful but significantly smaller home. This was a conscious decision to look for a smaller home. After living in our trailer for 6 months we realized that we don't need the crap we had or the space that just required more cleaning. I mean, who REALLY uses both the formal living room and dining room in addition to the kitchen, breakfast nook and family room?. We didn't. Anyway, we looked for a smaller rancher/bungalow style house and found the most amazing home. It has 4 bedrooms and only one eating area, one living room/family room and a little library area if you need to get away from it. I'll try and post pix on the website.





In other news, Tomas started kindergarten last fall and is getting ready for Grade ONE in 6 sleeps. Toria is registered for a Junior Kindergarten (4 fantastic mornings a week) so I am hoping I will finally have some time to get caught up on a few things. With Todd being gone most of last year we didn't so much get ahead as keep our head above water.

It's the last week of August, we're in Parksville staying at the Surfside RV Resort www.surfside.bc.ca for a much needed week of R & R. Todd & Tomas are out for a bike ride and the 3 km hike we went on this morning at Englishman River Falls wore Toria out so she is having a quick nap. With a few unexpected minutes of free time I thought I'd I do something from my "To Do" list. I realized that "Update blog" has been there for over a year and I decided that I would have to procrastinate, err, I mean, wait to start cooking supper because the blog must be updated immediately. It's been there for over a year and it simply cannot wait a minute longer.

Alrighty. I really must go and start supper - we bought some fresh corn (picked this morning) that needs shucking and potatoes that were dug from the ground (again from today). For dessert is (fresh-picked!) strawberries and peaches. Yum yum.

Keep in touch. Carmen.

1 Comments:

At September 1, 2006 at 2:39 PM, Blogger foodie suz said...

Hey, glad to see you've joined us in the Land of Blog. And yes, post photos of the new house!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home