Thursday, November 02, 2006

Rain gear anyone?

I am completely frazzled. This weekend is the "Beaver Camping Weekend" and there is rain in the forecast - a LOT of rain. I have spent my entire day looking for rain gear for Tomas.

My first stop - the MEC. They're sold out. Stop numero deux, West Marine Wear - also sold out. OK, no problem. I'll go to The Bay - Nope.... only snow gear. OK, Sears. Nope.... only snow gear. Gap, Gymboree, Sports Check. Snow gear. Snow gear. Snow gear. I've been to every mall store and only SNOW GEAR. Who the #^$!@#$ wears snow gear in Victoria?

Apparently, not many because the 'chain' stores are chock-full of the stuff.

Finally, I figure I'll go with the locals and I look at this amazing website www.kidsinvictoria.com - people are always selling stuff on there. I've bought rain boots for Toria so I'm sure it'll be easy to pick up a pair of rain pants for Tomas. Nope - no !@#$%@#%^$ rain pants. There are no less than 4 posts of people LOOKING for rain gear in the size 6 range. WTF.

To top it off, I get an updated "kit list" emailed tonight that says "due to the expected rain, each child will need 3 pairs of pants... NO JEANS". What the @#$^#$? Tomas only likes to wear jeans thus he only OWNS JEANS (6 pairs of the same - Levi's 526 - available at Sears in the U.S.). (OK, I was a Girl Guide - I know that denim and outdoor camping don't mix but come on - NO JEANS (out of 3 pairs). good grief.) Where was I? Oh yes, Tomas will be wearing 2 pairs of khaki dress pants and a pair of too small pants with zip-off legs. As for what he actually WEARS the day he goes - I guess I'll be back at the mall tomorrow.

My final hope is the strangest kids consignment store that sells crappy consignment clothing on 1/2 and super-high-end-fancy-schmancy clothes on the other 1/2. On kidsinvictoria.com someone posted that they had seen some rain gear at this store.... and just guess what @#$#$$%@ side it is on.

OK, it is 11:36pm. (ha ha - I just typed the time with the Cap'd lock on and it looked like !!:#^pm. - good heavens - even my subconscious is profane tonight).

So, not expecting a lot of sympathy from you frost-bitten, snow-crunching folk but if you happen to find rain gear in with snow gear at your local store - tell them we're desperate on Fantasy Island.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home