Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Happy Halloween.

QUESTION: I left 50 pieces of candy on our step with a note telling everyone to take TWO. Then the kids and I went trick or treating (Todd is out of town). After being away for 2 hours - how many pieces of candy do you think were left?

ANSWER: 42 pieces of candy were left. Yep - that means that there were 4 kids that came here. (For my baby sister (I love you): 50 - 42 = 8 divided by 2 per child = 4] Yep, FOUR. FOUR KIDS!!! 2 were our neighbours, one was the baby across the street and one was likely the 9-year-old 2 blocks down. Did I mention that it is BEAUTIFUL night (+8, no wind) and still we only had FOUR kids. T.G. I didn't bother to stay home and hand out candy.

You can imagine that with such a low-traffic-number of halloweeners that most people in our mini-neighbourhood don't celebrate Halloween and after walking past 4 houses for every 1 house with a pumpkin the kids and I backtracked, hopped in our car - drove 3 blocks away (fought for a parking spot because this is the 'drive-to' Halloween neighbourhood) and trick or treated for over an hour. One woman told me that she'd seen over 100 kids within the first hour! It was great - like being in Twin Brooks!

Speaking of Twin Brooks - Hello! Old Neighbours. I hope you guys had a great Halloween (how's Gene Gebo)? I sure miss you. Thanks for sending me the emails. I never seem to respond to each one but I love to get them. I'll try and call this week!

The kids just counted and they collected 139 pieces of candy. I wonder if they notice if I eat the Wagon Wheels they got.... C.

2 Comments:

At November 1, 2006 at 6:37 AM, Blogger foodie suz said...

Is it just me, or have Wagon Wheels shrunk in size over the years?

Coffee crisps are my favourite. I try to strong-arm my kids into giving them up to me. I say it is 'tax' for me being their mom.

 
At November 2, 2006 at 11:54 PM, Blogger C.L.W. said...

I also love Coffee Crisps and swapped the kids' Coffee Crisps with my leftover Smarties.

Do you know what else has shrunk are the "Viva Puffs" - kinda like Wagon wheels but with the marshmallow on top and not in the middle.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home