Tuesday, October 17, 2006

RRRRrelax

The grandparents have just left, the laundry is washing, the dishwasher is dishwashering, the kids are at school and it is quiet. In fact, it is so quiet that all I really want to do is lie down and have a quick nap.
***
OK, I wrote the above paragraph this morning and it is now 9:07pm, the house is a disaster, the laundry needs folding, the dishwasher needs to be emptied THEN reloaded. The kids are sleeping and I still want to lie down for a nap!

I've been out of touch for a couple of weeks and have nothing new to say. (How exciting is my life?) It was nice having my parents out (I found out that my dad actually reads this so I'm going to talk about how fantastic my parents are and how they are the very best and how they can come and visit - and provide FREE childcare -any time.

Todd is in Toronto this week and he just called to say that he found a bug in his bed... he's at a 4-star hotel. He called the night manager who moved him to a different room and gave him the night for free... on condition he keep his bug-find quiet. Todd said the night manager went white in the face and Todd was afraid he was going to pass out. The freaky thing is that while he was calling I was googling the latest news and read this: http://msnbc.msn.com/id/15289365/

We're off to Seattle on Thursday. There is no school on Friday but the kids will miss school on Thursday. The kids are counting down the nights until they get to sleep in a hotel (please lord ->be bug-free). Todd & I are counting down the nights until we get to shop at the outlet mall. We originally planned to have it as a mini-sight-seeing-vacation but forget that nonsense ... Mama's Going Shopping!

As for our 2007 summer vacation - we signed up for this - http://www.therally.com/ Can you imagine? Me, Todd, 2 kids and 2000 blue-hairs. This year the rally was in Daytona, Florida, next year it is in Oregon - we thought we'd try it while it was near us and plan a further visit if it is good.... like Daytona!!!

Quick note: To anyone who has written - I'm hoping to do emails tomorrow or at the very latest next week - sorry for my delay. C.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home