Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Toria strikes again...

Imagine, if you will, your oldest child is at golf lessons - what do you do with child #2? It is too far and not enough time to come home but too damn long to sit at the golf course. If your child #2 is my daughter - you go to the craft store (plus I had to return a couple things!).

At Michael's she picks out a 'foam' purple crown that is on sale for $1.50. The payment transaction was something like this:

Me: Here is a toonie to give to the cashier to pay for your crown.
Toria: OK
Cashier: That will be 1.69
Toria: Here's my money (and passes the cashier the $2)
Cashier: Would you like a bag?
Toria: No thank you, I will carry my most beautiful crown
Cashier: Here's your receipt and change (and gives them to Toria)
Me: OK, Toria, give mom the change and I will put it in my purse.
Toria: No, the lady gave me the money.
Me: Yes, but who gave you the money to pay the lady?
Toria: You did.
Me: Yes, so can I have the money back please.
Toria: Nope.
Me: Toria, I don't want to lose the change, can I please have it back.
Cashier: Excuse me, can you please move down - I need to help the next customer. [Oops]
...
meanwhile .... Toria uses my distraction with the cashier to put the money in her pocket!

I give up but make plans to get it from her pocket before I do laundry.

We pick Tomas up from golfing (he is doing great, by the way)and as we get home the phone is ringing and I dash to answer it. Toria also dashes into the house but I can't quite figure out why until I am on the phone and she comes up to me and says "I put MY money in MY piggy bank and you can't have it back".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home