Thursday, September 28, 2006

Actress or politician?

Toria's Jr. K. is planning a picnic for Friday night. A few days ago Toria told me she had a secret - she quickly spilled the beans that her class was going to sing a song for the parents at the picnic. Then she paused and said but I couldn't tell Mrs. Hamm (her teacher) because Mrs. Hamm told her that they had to keep it a secret so it could be a surprise.

Yesterday she reminded me that she was going to sing a song but it was a secret and I couldn't tell anyone.

Well, this morning I drop her off at Jr. K. and Mrs. Hamm is signing Toria in and asks me if we are going to the picnic.

"Yes", I say.

"Oh good", says Mrs. Hamm, "because we will have a surprise for you".

Toria adds "Shh, Mrs. Hamm, it is a secret - you can't tell her."

"Your right Toria." then Mrs Hamm looks at Toria and asks "You haven't told her our secret, have you?"

Toria stares straight at her, puts her hands on her hips and with big blue accusing eyes and a poker face says "No, I have not and you can't tell her either".

omigod. I witnessed my 3-year-old LIE and not only was it astonishingly believable she also managed to put her teacher in her place, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home