Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Things that make a parent go hmmm...

Tomas' teacher's niece has triplets. The niece brought the triplets to school today. When Tomas' found out that triplets are when 3 babies are in the mom's tummy at the same time he asked the question "How do they all fit?". Glad somebody else got to answer that. The Answer (according to Tomas) is that they get a little squished and they were born early (3 months in this case) - before they got too big.

Toria is currently playing with her doll she pretends is her cousin Weston. Right now he has a poopy diaper and I am supposed to change him. I never expected grandparenting duties to come to be so quickly.

In other news, a mother brought her daughter to school today with a known-case of pink-eye that WASN'T UNDER ANTIBIOTICS. The mother said (and I directly quote) "she just wanted to come to school so bad and I don't want her to miss school. If she doesn't touch anyone it will be fine".

I stood there with my mouth hanging open and before I could respond another (sharper) mother said "I think you should take her directly to the school office and confirm school board policy". She was sent home. AND a note came home saying you had to use antibiotics for 2 - 3 days prior to returning to school.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home