Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Not 1..

Not 2, not 3, not 4 but (including this post) that is FIVE posts today! I hope that catches everyone up. I've neglected my kids (what do you mean that watching TV for 4 hours a day is bad for them? ... just kidding - they're at school) BUT the dishes in the sink are overflowing not to mention the laundry piles that are lined up down the hall.

Actually, I'm just kidding about that too - for the first time in 3 months I'M ALL CAUGHT UP! Oh sure, I could go and re-organize the pantry or clean-out the craft cabinet but I think Not!

Note to my handsome husband: Skip next paragraph.
I might even go and start hanging around Facebook. I joined last week in an effort to see photos of myself that are going to be published in a magazine. Now, don't get too excited - I represent the middle-age mom demographic for the fitness trainer I go to. If I ever figure out how to get them from Facebook to here - I'll let you know. My fitness trainer never did (hence why I had to join to see them). I've avoided Facebook for so long because I know it is so addictive and do I really want everyone snooping about me like I snoop about them?

To any diabetes bloggers who read this ...
Tomas finally met the pediatric endocrinologist last week and we switched to a new night time insulin (Levemir) which is awesome. He was on npH at night which was producing crazy blood sugar levels and I was checking him almost every night. YIPPEE. For the past two mornings he has woken up at 6.5 and 6.7 (or 115ish).

He also finally met a person who wears a pump (a pager sized device that you wear outside your body (with tubing and a catheter into your tummy or elsewhere) that allows for much greater regulation of insulin then the 3 needles a day he now gets of insulin). He is now thinking about getting the pump. He doesn't want to wear it when he sleeps but he's thinking about it so that's a good start. We do OK with the needles but my understanding is the pump is much easier to monitor and provides much more consistent sugar levels... although his last A1C reading was 6.5%.

And last but not least - Go Riders Go.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At November 21, 2007 at 5:58 AM, Blogger Shannon said...

I'd like to be your Facebook friend!

My house is in a perpetual state of overflowing sink and messy houseness because of blogging. I tell my husband it's because of trying to keep up with the kids....

Tell Tomas that Brendon LOVES his pump and never wants to go back to shots. For me, it was the convenience factor that got me to get him on it.

 
At November 21, 2007 at 1:56 PM, Blogger foodie suz said...

Yeah! You've returned to the land of blog!

We will be cheering for the Riders too. According to my husband, it is the next best thing to the Eskimos playing...

Keep up the posting! I've missed you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home