Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Seattle: we arrived, we shopped/conquered, we touristed

As you may have noticed the Canadian Dollar was trading at $1.04 US. Ha ha - that is greatly insane. (Sorry to my American friends but you had good deals in Canada for 30 years - it's my turn now). Now, since I usually shop in the US when the trading value is about .65cents - it'd be crazy for me not go to shopping... it's like free money.

Under the guise of a family holiday to Seattle (you think Todd and the kids want to go to Seattle if they think they have to shop?!) we packed up the car last weekend and off we went. Check this out for a eloquent poem to South of the Border shopping from Sunny Side Up.

Here's my kids at Nordstroms waiting for me to try on 2-thousand pairs of pants (I wonder if Tyra Banks hates shopping for pants as much as I do?). Tomas is happy because he just bought the monster truck that is sitting on the back of the giant hot pink lounger. Toria is happy because she just bought the new shirt and pants she is wearing PLUS she got jewelry! (Did I bribe them to be so happy? Damn right.) [And by the way - why put a Hot Pink Lounge Chair in ladies wear??? You don't want women sitting down - you want them shopping. You need a La-Z-Boy recliner in dirt brown for husbands and children.]


I'm happy to report that Yes, in addition to spending not so much oodles of money as I used to on stuff we also spent a day or so sightseeing. The Space Needle, the Pacific Science Center, the rides at Seattle Center, the Monorail, Pike Place Market and even Chuck E. Cheese were checked off on our 'sightseeing must do's".

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home