Saturday, September 01, 2007

An Ikea Commercial...

It was a sunny Thursday around 2pm when I posted an ad on usedvictoria.com for a 100lb + cabinet from our old shed that we no longer needed:

In good shape. There is some exterior paint peeling but the wood underneath is in great shape. The shelves are very solid. Cabinet is 78" tall, 38" across and 22" deep. Need it gone QUICKLY so son can play hockey on driveway.


I HAD no idea what people do on a Thursday around 2pm but apparently THEY ARE CHECKING THEIR COMPUTER for FREE STUFF because within 5 minutes I had 48 views and 3 emails from people asking when they could come pick it up. I kid you not.

I phoned the first guy in the queue to give him our address and he assured me he had a vehicle he could use to haul it away. Can you guess what it is? A pickup truck? A van? A Volkswagon jetta? ... and the roof didn't even flinch under the weight.





He said he needed the cabinet to make his wife happy because she was sick of his stuff lying all over the garage. ... I wonder if it was her car...

Labels:

1 Comments:

At September 2, 2007 at 6:15 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

The picture of the cupboard on the car provided a minimum of 10 minutes of laughs here.
Mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home