Sunday, August 05, 2007

Vacation - Week 2

T.G. for vacations. I'm feeling relaxed, refreshed, reinvigorated , rejuvinated, restored, and ready to rumble with the evils of day-to-day hohum routine mundane repetitive days. (And apparently, I've also used my vacation time to to add adjectives to my sentences.)

What have we done you ask? Besides vacationing in paradise, that is?

We've been go-carting at the nearby Saratoga Speedway.... Here is the Red Baron: (aka Toria) [p.s. they don't admit it but the Speed Demon Duo of Carmen & Tomas LAPPED the Red Baron and her wingman]


And as if that wasn't exciting enough.....

We returned to the Speedway in the evening to watch the Big Rig time trials. (I swear to you - these trucks went around the small race track on one side of tires - they even had a big dump truck with a dumper trailer behind it! (Finished the track in 30.45 seconds).




My personal fav' was the 'Crash to Pass' cars (not the big rigs but the crash 'em up bang 'em up Dukes of Hazzard cars). During the 'Crash to Pass' you must crash into the car in front of you before you can pass them. Ka Chow!
However, Tomas has indicated that the Double Decker racers were his favourite. This is a one-of-a-kind event that I suspect you could only witness in rural B.C. -> They stack a car onto another car and then they race around the track. The winner is the one whose double-decked car doesn't fall off.



Toria has enjoyed the beach in Hawaii, err, i mean, Saratoga Beach. However, when I snapped this picture she was NOT actually supposed to BE IN THE WATER. We had already been in the water and were getting ready to leave. On the other hand, how could a mom not love a smile like that!


We even ventured forth to the Filberg Festival in Comox where I met the mother of 2 boys I used to babysit 20 years ago (small world!) ....
This isn't her. This is the Filberg Troll.


I literally have a hundred shots of the sunset, surf, sand, seashells and super bonfire we made on the beach one night but this is my favourite.


Well, I'd better get going. Off to the pool for our last swim!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home