Tuesday, August 28, 2007

And Great-Grandma goes Dancing...

I flew to Regina this past weekend to attend my cousin's wedding. It was just me. No kids. Yep. It was quiet. I had 4 days to myself. I read 3 books COVER TO COVER. I read one each way on the plane (6 hours of QUIET... each way!) and one when I slept until 10:00 am one morning! Can you even imagine?? Of course, my kids can now read so I must say that I missed them terribly and I couldn't wait to see them when they picked me up at the airport (which is the truth).

As for the wedding - it was good. One of the highlights was my 87-year-old Grandma who outdanced SIX of her relatives.

I kid you not. Have you ever seen 30-something-cousins begging for a drink of water and a chair while their Grandmother decides which one to take to the dance floor next?

It was 1:15 IN THE MORNING and we were almost out the door when the DJ decided to play "locomotion". Yep, you guessed it - the next thing you know Grandma & I are back in the door and we're doing the locomotion. Oiy. I was tired the next morning. As for Grandma. She was up at 8 am, dressed and finished breakfast by 9:00am.

[As an aside: Any of you that have been to Saskatchewan may laugh at this song by the Arrogant Worms: The Last Saskatchewan Pirate. I found a link to the lyrics and a version here.


Here are some pictures of Grandma outshuffling the rest of us.

Her sons:

Her grandsons:

Her grand-daughters:


Labels:

1 Comments:

At August 28, 2007 at 12:24 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Lets all hope that we can do that when we are 87. We all had a great time. Just remember your father and I have learned from some of the best when it comes to being a "senior"!
Mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home