Monday, November 13, 2006

Still shovelling

The good thing about snow is that once it is shovelled you just sit back, grab a hot toddy and wait for it to melt. I PERSONALLY shovelled 374 POUNDS of cedar needles from the bed of the dually truck into the yard waste pile at the landfill. (I know it is 374 pounds because they way your truck on the way in/out and it cost me $9.25.) I keep telling myself this it is good exercise!

Don't even mention the 20 bags I still have left.

On the other hand, I have to tell you how FANTASTIC the wet cedar smells.

The kids & I (Todd is in Toronto) tried to go to a craft sale this morning but it wasn't that interesting. Tomas was the highlight as he has got this 'free sample thing' figured out. He has a 6th sense for where he can get free food. Yep. Definitely my son.

Toria decorated toilet paper rolls into 'people' today and put on a puppet show for me. Her puppet show was more about her dancing and saying "Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, NOW ON WITH THE SHOW". That was loads of fun.

Spent the night trying to teach the kids their last name and phone number. Any suggestions on how this can be made fun would be appreciated. I tried building (flat) felt houses and using foamie letters to 'label' our houses - the kids seemed to like that - but I need to keep reinforcing it.

Ciao 4 now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home