Saturday, November 11, 2006

Shovelling cedar needles

It's 8:37pm - Saturday night. The kids are asleep. Todd is asleep and I'm pretty much asleep at the computer. As soon as the laundry finishes I will be asleep in my bed.

We spent the afternoon shovelling up the needle droppings from the cedar trees. The back of the pickup truck is completely full and we have an additional 20 orange garbage bags. Whose blasted idea was it to move into a house with such a big yard??? OK. Mine. Well then whose great idea was it to fall in love with a house with such enormous trees? OK. Mine. Well, in that case it was good exercise.

The good part is that the entire block was outside shovelling up the needles so everyone had a great time laughing and talking around. (We were out for 4 hours). Then our neighbours invited us over for a glass of wine. 2 bottles of wine later we remembered we needed to eat and ordered in a pizza. The kids had a nice time with their kids and everyone was happy.

The washer is now finished but I'm so stiff I'm not sure if I can move from this chair!....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home