Sunday, November 12, 2006

Harrumph.

Tried to curl up and watch the football game (B.C. vs. the Riders) this aft. That lasted about 15 minutes. How depressing. I bleed green - what can I say?

Any Rider fans feel like a rousing chorus:
Green is the Colour. Football is the Game. We're all together and Winning is our aim. So Cheer us on through the sun and rain. Saskatchewan Roughriders is our name.

or how about this oldie but a goodie...

We're really rollin', now we're on our way. Our Pride is show'n, ya it's grow'n everyday.
We've got that Rider Pride. A feeling deep inside. Its Rider Pride, Rider Pride. We got that Rider Pride. You know we just can't hide that Rider Pride.
We're ridin' high now, headin' for the Top. We've got a winner, ya we're givin' all we got.



Speaking of sporting teams you may have noticed my beloved Oilers are getting pummeled these days. I think it is because I took my Oiler window decals off the truck. I had the 2 window decals from last season's playoff run that said "You're in Oil Country Now". It made sense to have them on a 1-tonne dually truck in Northern Alberta. Given that I now live on tree-hugging, organic-loving southern Vancouver Island it looks abit goofy to say we're in Oil Country. Any body have any suggestions of how I can show my faith?

In other news....

Tomas & I played Snakes and Letters twice today and he whooped me both times. Toria was my official spinner as she wasn't into the rise & fall of the game - she occasionally broke up our ascents and descents with a display of dancing and gymnastics on our living room floor.

G'night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home