Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Procrastination

I just gotta brag - Tomas' reading is coming along so well. I can't believe the progress he is making. He sounded out all the words to the "Bug in a Rug" book tonight!!

I received an email from my husband and he is apparently on an airplane RIGHT NOW (9:38pm Tuesday night). He wasn't supposed to be home until Thursday night but he is needed at the local office tomorrow so he will be home tonight. This is great news (Good thing I'm not worried about him walking into a messy house when he gets home or I'd be dropping everything and running around in a frantic panic :-)

I am sitting in front of the computer with a stack of bills to pay, forms to fill out, and all the other good paperworky stuff that needs to get done and no energy to do any of it.

In order to continue my fantastic procrastination I think I will tell you about my day for tomorrow.... (Speaking of procrastination - I have no idea who this guy is but I somehow stumbled into his blog and it is kinda interesting http://www.paulgraham.com/procrastination.html )

My day tomorrow goes something like this:
- Cut up 8 apples for Toria's school (in addition to regular morning routine)
- Walk Tomas to school
- Run home pushing Toria in the jogging stroller
- Drive to Toria's school
- Be the Parent Helper at her school (Oh Yippee)
- Drive home from Toria's school
- Make and eat lunch within 15 minutes
- Drive to Commonwealth Place for Toria's "Chefs on the Move" class
- Leave her there
- Drive directly to Tomas' school to help in the library
- Spend 1 hour reshelving books
- Go back to pick Toria up.
(**Meanwhile my neighbour will bring Tomas home)
- Meet Tomas outside as neighbour dashes off to piano lessons
- Place both children in car and drive to Doug's Hair Salon
- Bribe children to sit nicely whilst they get their hair cut
- Make supper
- If Todd is home then go to the Parent Meeting to find out how the inability to charge school fees will affect our elementary school.

... Don't even get me started on Thursday - It's worse then Wednesday.

I am so busy I can't imagine people who actually have a paying job in addition to all this other stuff.

OK, the frantic panic of a chaotic house is starting to overpower my phenomenal procrastination capabilities. Todd's flight lands in 12 minutes. Gotta go.... C.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home