Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Snow? In Myrtle Beach?

Hi Everyone,

We're in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina where we're wearing shorts and t-shirts. OK, I know this warm weather thing that I keep mentioning is growing weary but I can't believe it is November 23 so you'll have to start skipping over the first paragraph in my blogs because as we keep going south it is supposedly going to keep getting warmer - so you're likely to hear about the weather again. I digress from the reason of my post...

It is 9:30am in the morning and my husband has left me & our 2 overly active children stuck at our RV Park while he is GOLFING. He signed up for 3 tee times this WEEK alone!

Are you feeling sorry for me yet????? That's OK, I appreciate your sympathy but did I mention that there are 2 outlet malls and 4 shopping malls here and the Friday after U.S. Thanksgiving is coming! [Apparently it is even a bigger shopping day then Boxing Day in the U.S.]. Now, it is somewhat sad that (a) I have no money for shopping, (b) we need nothing, and (c) I'm in a trailer with no place to put anything but I can overlook that for the adrenaline rush of being amongst a good shopping frenzy.

Todd says my blogs are too long but first I have to tell you the story of when we arrived at this RV Park. We go to the playground and as we're walking in the gate to the play area Tomas stops and goes "MOM, IT'S SNOW!".
"Tomas", I said "it's +23 - there is no snow."
"Mom, I'm not being silly. LOOK there it is" and he points at the ... SAND!

Yes, the sand under the play area was so white and so fine that it really did look like snow. It actually took me a few minutes to convince Tomas that he didn't need to put his boots on and in fact he could take his socks and shoes off!

Take Care, Carmen.