Wednesday, November 17, 2004

The Good Life...

Hi everyone.

Washington, DC was good - infact, I could go on for hours about all the great things in DC but tonight I ask you to listen carefully.... can you hear it????.... that's the sound of the ocean waves lapping up on the beach AT OUR CAMPSITE.

Yes, we're in Cape Hatteras, North Carolina in the Outer Banks drinking a glass of wine, listening to the surf, counting the billions of stars in the sky, and (briefly) internetting as the temperature is around +15C at 9:00 pm. My wonderful children, handsome husband, and I have just finished our walk along the beach with the waves tickling our toesies. AN UPDATE - Here's us in the morning:



We were heading south on I-95 today heading for Myrtle Beach when we said "Hey, let's go see the Outer Banks". And in the true beauty of RV-travelling - the next thing you know we're off the interstate, leisurely coasting past the quaint town of Kitty Hawk (where the Wright brothers first flew) and driving through sand dunes that've formed OVER the road.

Alas, I must go - I will think of you as the ocean waves lull me to sleep tonight!

Carmen.