Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Honky Tonking in Nashville

OK, here we are in Nashville, the Music Capital of the World. I’ve heard that they play both types of music here – Country & Western. OK, lame joke.

Anyway, this morning we stopped at a place called “Legends Corner” next to “Tootsie’s Orchid Lounge” where we listened to a guy play a few songs. Turns out it was Billy Currington. Yes, Billy Currington!!

OK, I have no idea who he is but he must be a somebody because he is performing a song, Party for Two, with Shania Twain on Good Morning America this Friday, November 5, 2004. (And he was recently on Nashville Lifestyle’s 25 most beautiful list!). OK, I really think that I should know who he is but I really don’t.

In fact, that is sort of how I felt touring the Country Music Hall of Fame this morning. I vaguely recognize names but the rest was a mystery to my rock ‘n roll/“pop” music brain cells.

Nonetheless, the entire Good Morning America gang is supposed to be doing a live broadcast from Nashville this Friday – be sure to check it out if YOU want to see Billy (& Shania).

Carmen