Saturday, May 05, 2007

Normal Saturday

We're getting closer to getting back to 'normal' ... whatever that is.

I attended the "Making Tomorrow" conference for parents/teachers of young children at UVic today. Silken Laumann was the keynote speaker (turns out she lives in the next neighbourhood over). Anyway, I didn't call home to check on Tomas ONCE.

Of course, I may have looked at my phone and even started to dial 50 or 60 times but I didn't. I knew Todd & Grandma could handle it and they did.

Todd went for a bike ride this morning (47km) and Grandma was in charge. She did great. Tomas' blood sugar was a little low at lunch but not low low (less than 4.0) and she handled it perfectly.

Tomas' blood sugar was quite high last night (I know because I checked it at 2:30am). The nurses all say that you really don't need to check at night but I am freaked out and would rather check it then have Tomas go into hypoglycemic coma (which is rare but we're still figuring things out so I figure it's OK to check). Although I am totally exhausted.... which is why the nurses say you shouldn't need to check his sugar levels at night - if you're too tired then you can't take care of yourself or your child and you make mistakes.

Getting back on track - I arrived home from the conference at 4:30 and Todd was at the park with Tomas & Toria. Tomas & Todd were trying to teach Toria to ride a 2-wheeler. She's getting closer. Tomas is a cycling speedster and was offering great words of encouragement. As for my mom, she was at the grocery store getting food for supper. (Note to Dad: Seriously- Mom was grocery shopping and she got all the correct ingredients for Beef Strogonaff! Great, eh?)

Good night. C.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At May 6, 2007 at 5:24 AM, Blogger foodie suz said...

Hey, I'd like to hear more about the conference...sounds interesting.

And I'm glad you are figuring out what 'normal' is...and you took some time for a breather - SMART.

 
At May 6, 2007 at 9:12 AM, Blogger C.L.W. said...

Here's the link to the brochure - lots of interesting workshops.:
http://www.vicpa.org/MakingTomorrow_2007.pdf

 

Post a Comment

<< Home